The Florida Secondary Reading Council is a special interest council of the Florida Reading Association, an affiliate of the International Reading Association.
The purpose of the Secondary Reading Council is:
- • To support activities related to secondary reading;
- • To promote membership and partnership with the Florida Reading Association and the International Reading Association;
- • To improve the quality of reading instruction by:
- Encouraging the study of the nature of the reading process,
- Stimulating, promoting, and publishing research dealing with all aspects of reading,
- Acting as a clearinghouse for information related to reading,
- Encouraging, supporting, and contributing to the development of high-quality teacher education programs, both in-service and pre-service,
- Sponsoring conferences and meetings.
- • To promote mutual understanding and cooperation among educators at the secondary level and with individuals in other organizations and institutions having interest in reading.
Fellow SRCFL Members,
Happy New Year!
It is my pleasure to introduce the new Executive Board for Secondary Reading Council this year…
SRCFL 2017-2018 Officers
Myra MatthewVice President
Jamila IngramMembership Director
Cassandra JosephTreasurer – Historian Vacant
Publicity (Publicity/Donations/Volunteers):( )
Sponsorship Information (PDF) (Word)
Publishing Representative Sponsorship Letter (PDF) (Word)
Business Owner Sponsorship Letter (PDF) (Word)